Selected telehealth publications by members of the Rural Telehealth Research Center:
- Mohr NM., Vakkalanka JP, Harland KK., Bell A, Skow B, Shane DM., Ward M. Telemedicine use decreases rural emergency department length of stay for transferred North Dakota trauma patients. Telemedicine and e-Health. Ahead of print July 21, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2017.0083
- Natafgi N, Shane D, Ullrich F, MacKinney AC, Bell A, Ward M. Using tele-emergency to avoid patient transfers in rural emergency departments: An assessment of costs and benefits. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. Epub ahead of print: March 7, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1357633X17696585
- Mohr NM, Harland KK, Chrischilles EA, Bell A, Shane DM, Ward MM. Emergency department telemedicine is used for more severely injured rural trauma patients, but does not decrease transfer: A cohort study. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2017 Feb 10; 24(2); 177-185.
- Bobb MR, Van Heukelom PG, Faine BA, Ahmed A, Messerly JT, Bell G, Harland KK, Simon C, Mohr NM. Telemedicine provides noninferior research informed consent for remote study enrollment: A randomized controlled trial. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2016 July; 23(7); 759-765.
- Mohr NM, Harland KK, Chrischilles E, Donner J, Bell A, Shane DM, Ward MM. Telemedicine penetration and consultation among rural trauma patients in critical access hospital emergency departments in North Dakota. RTRC Research & Policy Brief. September 2016.
- Van Oeveren L, Donner J, Fantegrossi A, Mohr NM, Brown CA 3rd. Telemedicine-assisted intubation in rural emergency departments: A national emergency airway registry study. Telmed J E Health 2016 Sep 27 [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27673565 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Ward MM, Ullrich F, Potter A, MacKinney AC, Kappel S, Mueller KJ. Factors affecting staff perceptions of tele-ICU service in rural hospitals. Telemedicine and e-Health, 21(6): 1-8, 2015
- MacKinney AC, Ward MM, Ullrich F, Ayyagari P, Bell A, Mueller KJ. The business case for tele-emergency. Telemedicine and e-Health. 21(12):1005-1011, 2015.
- Ward MM, Ullrich F, MacKinney AC, Bell A, Shipp S, Mueller KJ. Tele-emergency utilization: In what clinical situations is tele-emergency activated? Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 22(1):25-31, 2015.
- Ward MM, Jaana M, Natafgi N. Systematic review of telemedicine applications in emergency rooms. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 84:601-616, 2015.
- Merchant K, Ward MM, Mueller K, (2015). Hospital views of barriers to telemedicine adoption RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis - Rural Policy Brief, 2015-5.
- Gale J, Lambert D. Exploring the business case for children's telebehavioral health. Washington, DC: The Technical Assistance Network for Children's Behavioral Health, The Institute for Innovation & Implementation; March 2015. Brief.
- Lambert D, Gale J, Hartley D, Croll Z, Hansen A. Understanding the business case for telemental health in rural communities. J Behav Health Serv Res. Dec 22, 2015.
- Potter A, Mueller KJ, MacKinney AC, Ward MM. The effect of tele-emergency services on recruitment and retention of rural healthcare providers. Rural and Remote Health. 14: 2787, 2014 (Online)
- Ward MM, Ullrich F, Mueller KJ (2014). Extent of telehealth use in rural and urban hospitals RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis - Rural Policy Brief, 2014-4.
- Shea, CM; Teal, R; Haynes-Maslow, LM; McIntyre, MR; Weiner, BJ; Wheeler, SB; Jacobs, SR; Mayer, DK; Young, MD; Shea, TC. Assessing the feasibility of a virtual tumor board program: a case study. Journal of Healthcare Management. 59(3): 177-194. PMC4116610. 2014.
- North SW, McElligot J, Douglas G, Martin A. Improving access to care through the patient-centered medical home. Pediatr Ann. 2014;43(2):e33-e38. doi:10.3928/00904481-20140127-08.
- Mueller KJ, Potter AJ, MacKinney AC, Ward MM. Lessons from tele-emergency: Improving care quality and health outcomes by expanding the care team and supporting rural care systems. Health Affairs. 33(2): 228-234, 2013.
- Lambert D, Gale J, Hansen AY, Croll Z, Hartley D. Telemental health in today's rural health system. Portland, ME: University of Southern Maine, Muskie School of Public Service, Maine Rural Health Research Center; December 2013. Research & Policy Brief PB-51.
- Wakefield DS, Ward MM, Loes JL, O'Brien J. A network collaboration implementing technology to improve medication dispensing and administration in critical access hospitals. JAMIA, 17, 584-587, 2010.
- Roberts LL, Ward MM, Brokel JM, Wakefield DS, Crandall DK, Conlon P. Impact of health information technology on detection of potential adverse drug events at the ordering stage. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 67, 1838-1846, 2010.
- Wakefield DS, Ward MM, Loes J, O'Brien J, Sperry L. Implementation of a telepharmacy service to provide round-the-clock medication order review by pharmacists. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 67, 2052-2057, 2010.
- Wakefield BJ, Ward MM, Holman JE, Ray A, Scherubel M, Burns TL, Kienzle MG, Rosenthal GE. Evaluation of home telehealth following hospitalization for heart failure: A randomized trial. Telemedicine and e-Health, 14(8), 753-761, 2008.